Find an Attorneyback to overview
T +41 58 258 19 00
F +41 58 258 19 99
German, French, English
Combines legal and commercial mindsets, namely with regard to designing and reconfiguring business and private matters. Advice and support with restructuring, mergers and spin-offs of companies as well as in the case of legal succession. Active member of boards of directors and boards of trustees. Is particularly familiar with questions of corporate law. Mediates and litigates in all aspects of civil law as well as in selected areas of administrative law, for example in construction and tax procedural law. Works independently, conscientiously, professionally and in a solution-oriented manner.
Admitted to the Swiss Bar since 1984.
Banking and lecturing activities, the latter during training. Tax consultancy with Refidar Moore Stephens AG (trust company) in Zurich 1985. Law consultancy with FIDES Treuhandgesellschaft in Basel 1986 to 1990; specialism tax and commercial law. Since 1990 self-employed attorney in Basel; first in a large law firm then from 1998 in the law firm SIGL HERZOG Rechtsanwälte Notariat and from 2012 in the law firm Bratschi.
- Doctorate (Dr. iur.) in Tax Law (1983)
- Graduated in Law (lic. iur.) (1980)
- Commercial school leaving certificate (continuing adult education course) (1975)
- Schools in Basel
- Lecturer at the Kaufmännisches Lehrinstitut Basel (1974-1979)
- Lecturer at the SKA regional training center in Basel (1979-1983)
- Lecturer at the school of commerce and the adult education center of the Swiss Commercial Employees Association (KV) Baselland (1983-1992)
- Basel Bar Association
- Commercial law
- Contract law
- Tax law and tax procedural law
- Inheritance law and estate law
- Corporate and company law
- Constitutional noise protection contribution as economic benefit (Federal Supreme Court Ruling BGE 132 II 371 et seq.)
- Guarantee in sale of company (share deal) (Federal Supreme Court Ruling BGE 4A_42/2009)