Find an Attorneyback to overview
Dr. iur., LL.M.
T +41 58 258 10 00
F +41 58 258 10 99
With his experience Kurt Blickenstorfer develops strategies for clients - as board director or as counsel - in the management of companies and affairs, in M&A transactions, in succession planning, in reorganizations, in enforcing claims and defending rights. He drafts contracts, litigates and acts as arbitrator.
Admitted to the Swiss Bar since 1984.
Kurt Blickenstorfer studied at the University of Zurich where he completed his licentiate in 1981 and was awarded his PhD in 1986. At the University of Miami he was awarded the Master of Laws in 1989.
After work experience at a public court (1982/83) and in government administration (1984/85) he worked as an associate in law firms in Zurich (1986-88 and 1989-91) and New York (1989) before he was made partner in 1992.
As attorney-at-law he has successfully represented clients in various court cases and legal aid proceedings and is a respected arbitrator in international arbitration. He has restructured cross-border company groups, directed international transactions, settled questions on complex estates and served as executor to divide up inheritances.
- Master of Laws (LL.M.) at the University of Miami (1989)
- Dr. iur., University of Zurich (1986)
- lic. iur., University of Zurich (1981)
- School leaving exam (1976)
- Escrow agent
- Board director and general manager
- Board director of various associations
- Legal500: «Kurt Blickenstorfer is a commercial, responsive and pro-active lawyer.» (2020)
- Legal500: «Kurt Blickenstorfer is treasured for his knowledge, experience, and excellent guidance.» (2020)
- recommended for «Litigation» and «Private Client» by Legal500 (2019)
- International Bar Association
- ASA – Swiss Arbitration Association
- Conducting cases before public courts and arbitration tribunals
- Representing parties in judicial and administrative assistance proceedings
- Company and contract law
- M&A and business transactions
- Inheritance and estate planning
- Banking law